Terms and Conditions
Summit Hotels and Resorts – Terms and Conditions
a. Definition of Terms
- Add-on – all products and services offered, provided and sold, from time to time, as part of the reservation booking process such as but not limited to meals, transport and spa services.
- Other Charges – all charges due to changes made in booking of rooms such as but not limited to cancellation, rebooking and change of booking details.
- Bed – two (2) single beds or one (1) double / king bed or one (1) king and one (1) single bed.
- Successful Booking – a confirmed reservation with payment.
- Cancellation Charge – First night will be forfeited in favor of the hotel regardless of number of nights stay.
- Change – change in booking details such as but not limited to change in name, date, type of room, number of rooms, number of nights, and add-ons.
- Change Booking Fee – First night will be forfeited in favor of the hotel regardless of number of night’s stay.
- Check-In Time – 2:00pm onwards.
- Check-Out Time – on or before 12:00 noon.
- Confirmation Number – number issued for every successful booking.
- Consecutive Nights – nights whose dates fall one after the other.
- Digital Receipt – the booking receipt that is issued to Guest by hotel reservations after every booking. (a) For on-line bookings that will be paid through bank deposit or any authorized or accredited payment center/s, the digital receipt serves as reference and should be presented by the Guest upon payment at the bank or any authorized or accredited payment center/s.
- Email Confirmation Notice – the booking confirmation that is sent to the Guest’s email account together with these terms and conditions signifying a successful booking. This notice is printable and must be presented by the Guest upon check-in.
- Guest, You, Your, Yourself – any person accepted in our premises with our consent; a staying customer at any Summit Hotels and Resorts
- Guest Profile –the Guest’s account with Summit Hotels and Resorts; information provided by the guest upon booking and/or registration with Summit Hotels and Resorts.
- House Rules – a set of rules and policies implemented by Summit Hotels and Resorts which all Guests are expected to comply with. In the event of conflict between the provision of the House Rules and Terms and Conditions, the latter shall prevail.
- Multiple Nights – more than one (1) night.
- Payment Slip – a document that serves as proof of payment for booking paid through Bank or to any authorized or accredited payment center of Summit Hotels and Resorts.
- Real Time – a steady flow of new information, without interruption, provided immediately as means can permit.
- Room Rate – price charged for the room.
- Room Rate Difference – difference in the room rate of original booking and new booking.
- Security – includes guards, CCTV, key lock system, in-room safe
- Service Charge – Ten Percent (10%) service charge for hotel services (only applicable to Summit Circle Cebu).
- Value Added Tax – Twelve Percent (12%) value added tax (VAT) mandated by the Philippine Government.
- We, Our, Ourselves, and Us – refers to Summit Hotels and Resorts (including, where appropriate, employees and authorized agents of Summit Hotels and Resorts).
- Website – the internet site www.summithotels.ph provided by us for the use and purpose of guests/customers making online reservations/purchases and to access information about us.
b. Captions. The title or caption of each Article of these Terms and Conditions is for convenience only and is not to be used for interpretation of the text.
- Usage of this website is conditioned on your acceptance without variation of the terms and conditions set out herein which summithotels.ph may vary from time to time at its sole discretion with or without notice. The usage of this website and our hotels constitutes your express consent to all the terms and conditions as stated.
- The language used in these Terms and Conditions is English and it shall be the sole language used in the interpretation and application of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall form part of the legally binding agreement between you and Summit Hotels and Resorts.
- Reservation System All room bookings, changes, cancellations, or inquiries can only be made either on-line at www.summithotels.ph, or through phone, or through the Front Office of Summit Hotels and Resorts, subject to existing conditions which are hereinafter provided. For same-day stay, booking can be made upon walk-in at the Front Office of the hotel.
- Full payment for your accommodation must be made at the time of booking.
For on-line bookings, payment can only be made either through credit card, bank deposit or payment to any authorized or accredited payment center/s. Payment through bank deposit is ONLY APPLICABLE FOR BOOKINGS DONE AT LEAST EIGHT (8) CALENDAR DAYS BEFORE CHECK-IN DATE. You are required to BRING WITH YOU YOUR DIGITAL RECEIPT WHEN YOU PAY THROUGH BANK DEPOSIT.
Please note that your booking shall be considered and confirmed when you receive a valid 12-digit Confirmation Number (if paid thru credit card) or 14- up to 16-digit Confirmation Number (if paid thru bank deposit). Number sent to your email address as registered with summithotels.ph. If you do not receive a Confirmation Number within 24 hours, please contact us immediately at +63922-464 6835 or email us at email@example.com.
You can confirm your booking status through the following steps:
- Log on to www.summithotels.ph
- Click “Manage Bookings”
- Key in your email and password
- Booking details will appear
Charges must be paid in full before we issue a booking confirmation number. In the event that the charges have not been paid in full when a booking is confirmed for any reason whatsoever, we reserve the right to cancel the booking prior to check-in and/ or to disallow you to use our facilities.
Further, we reserve the right to refuse your booking if, in the exercise of our reasonable discretion, we determine that the payment of your reservation has been done fraudulently or unlawfully. To avoid inconvenience, kindly bring with you the following:
- Credit card used for making your reservation or the deposit or payment slip showing payment of the booking through bank or any authorized or accredited payment center/s;
- Email Confirmation Notice with Confirmation Number for presentation at our check-in counter; and
- Valid identification card with picture and signature.
For bookings whose payments were made through credit cards not owned by the person checking-in, please have the person checking-in bring a photocopy of the front and dorsal face of the credit card used plus a valid identification card with picture and signature of the registered owner of the card. Summit Hotels and Resorts reserve the right to refuse check-in of any guest without the submission of the said documents without incurring any liability whatsoever.
ii) For telephone bookings, payment can only be made either through cash or credit card. Payments are to be made at the Front Office of Summit Hotels and Resorts where the guest is booked and SHOULD BE MADE NO LATER THAN 12 MIDNIGHT OF THE DAY THE BOOKING WAS MADE.
iii) For bookings made at the Front Office, including walk-in bookings, payment can only be made either through cash or credit card and are to be made immediately upon booking.
c) All bookings are subject to availability of rooms.
d) On your first booking with us, you will be required to provide personal information which will form part of our file and shall be stored in your “Guest Profile” for our use.
e) When you book with us, a Confirmation Number will be issued only after every successful booking. This will be reflected in the email Confirmation Notice which you should print. You need to present this email Confirmation Notice, together with proof of your identity (passport for foreign guests and government issued ID for local guests) upon check-in. The person whose name appears in the email Confirmation Notice must be the same person checking in. If others will check-in for the person appearing in the email Confirmation Notice, the latter shall be required to submit a Letter of Authority and photocopy of a government issued ID of the person registered in the email Confirmation Notice, and a photocopy of a government issued ID of the person checking-in. The person checking-in on your behalf will be required to fill-up the Guest Registration Card upon check-in indicating therein your personal details as required. Summit Hotels and Resorts reserve its absolute right to cancel the booking and reservation or it shall request the person named in the booking to be present during the check-in in cases where booking was made through or by a different person.
f) Your room will be held for you from expected check-in date until 12:59AM of the following day of your scheduled check-in date – after which your entire booking will be deemed cancelled and all payments are FORFEITED in favor of Summit Hotels and Resorts. However, should guests have a delay in their arrival, it is highly necessary to contact Summit Hotels and Resorts immediately (through email, landline or cellphone) in order to avoid forfeiture of the booking.
g) Booking Confirmation A booking is confirmed only when Summit Hotels and Resorts where the guest is booked actually receives full payment. Payment refers to the guest payment for the transaction in full and actual receipt of Summit Hotels and Resorts of the payment directly or through our duly authorized representatives and agents.
h) Changes in Booking
Changes in booking details such as but not limited to change in name, date, type of room, number of rooms, number of nights, and add-ons are allowed provided that applicable charges are paid, and subject to the following regulations:
- All changes must be made 72 hours before 2:00PM of your scheduled check-in date.
- Summit Hotels and Resorts Customer Service must be informed of all changes you wish to make through +63922 464 6835.
- You may also log-in to www.summithotels.ph to make any changes in your booking.
The change shall only be confirmed only when all charges are fully paid. All charges for change in booking details can be paid through cash or credit card. Cash payments are only allowed through the Front Office Cashier and are only applicable for changes in booking details other than booking date/s.
Change Booking is applicable to all room rates subject to applicable fees:
- If amount paid by the guest is insufficient, additional payment will be made upon check-in.
- If amount paid by the guest exceeds new booking, the balance will be refunded (through check or charged back) net of applicable charges such as but not limited to credit card commission.
i) Cancellation of Booking
- Cancellation policy is applicable to all room rates subject to applicable fees.
- The first night will be forfeited in favor of the hotel regardless of number of nights stay and the balance will be refunded through check or charged back net of applicable charges such as but not limited to credit card commission.
j) Extension of Stay All requests for extensions of stay must be advised at least 24 hours prior to guest expected
departure time and date at the Front Desk subject to room availability and payment of applicable charges. Real time and current room rates for the day shall be applicable to all extensions of stay.
l) Early Check-in Guest may be allowed to check-in earlier than the prescribed check-in time, subject to room availability.
m) Refunds Guests may refund their bookings subject to forfeiture of first night in favor of the hotel regardless of number of nights stay. Refund will be allowed provided that the application for refund is made 72 hours before 2PM of the scheduled check-in date. Rules on cancellation apply.
n) No Show Policy. If you fail to cancel your booking or check in by 6:00PM of your scheduled check-in date, Summit Hotels and Resorts reserve the right to give the reservation to other guest(s) without further notice to you or incurring any liability to you. Applicable charges will also be imposed against you. Rules on cancellation apply.
4) Room Assignments
Room allocation assignment is observed.
Allowed Number of Guests
- Maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children, aged 7 and below, are allowed in standard rooms.
- For the protection of our guests, all visitors are required to register with the front desk at all times. All visitors must leave their proper identification cards with the front desk. Beyond 10:00 PM, only registered guests are allowed to stay in the room. An “Extra Person” charge shall be applied directly to the registered room guest. Extra person charge is Php2,000 per person, per night; with breakfast. However, for Summit Circle Cebu only, Extra person charge is Php1,000 per person, per night; with breakfast.
5) Room Rates
- Room rates indicated on our website reservation system are per room per night on real time basis and are inclusive of taxes and payable in Philippine Peso. Kindly check carefully the number of rooms and the room rates booked before moving on to the next steps.
- The room rate is dependent on the time and duration of booking and the number of rooms available during said time and period.
6) Summit Hotels and Resorts Rooms
- Each Summit Hotels and Resorts room is fully air-conditioned and equipped with cable TV, in-room or room-to-room phones, free Wi-Fi access, in-room safe, personal chiller, hair dryer, hot and cold rain shower, toiletry kit, two (2) bottles of water, two (2) pairs of slippers, laundry bag, closet with hangers.
- Room rate is inclusive of breakfast for two (2). Children 7 years old and below eat free (up to 2 kids).
- Extra beds (depending on location), towels, sheets, or additional pillows shall be provided with corresponding fees.
- During the booking, if the type of room you require is not available, an available alternative will be displayed. During your booking process, please ensure that your booking accurately reflects your requirements, particularly booking dates, room types, room rates, number of guest(s), and the like. We shall not be responsible and/or liable for any error in your bookings.
- Daily cleaning of the room takes place between 8:00AM to 5:00PM. If for any reason our housekeeping staff is unable to enter your room during the said time, then cleaning of the room will be done the following day.
Guest(s) are not allowed to bring in the room the following items and/or engage in prohibited acts for their own safety and protection:
- any illegal, prohibited and/or regulated drugs and substance trade or use;
- any electronic/electrical appliances which may interfere or obstruct with the hotel’s computer networks / sytems;
- any item/equipment/heavy machinery measuring more than 2.5 feet (H) x 2.5 feet (W);
- pets, livestock;
- bed sheet, duvet;
- any kitchen utensils for cooking purposes;
- firearm and ammunition;
- explosives, flammable or non-inflammable gas (such as aerosol paints, butane gas, lighter refills) refrigerated gas (such as filled aqualung cylinders, liquid nitrogen), flammable liquids(such as paints, thinners, solvents), flammable solids, organic peroxides (such as resins), poisons, infective substances (such as viruses, bacteria), radioactive material (such as radium), corrosive materials (such as acid, alkali, mercury, magnetic substances, oxidizing materials (such as bleaches);
- Gambling, prostitution, pedophilia (including child abuse) or any other act in violation of Philippine Law;
- any other item/s which, according to Summit Hotels and Resorts, may disrupt directly or indirectly our hotel operation or interrupt other guests’ stay and/or are likely to endanger the persons or property in our facility.
7) Check In and Out Times
- Check-in time: 2:00PM onwards
- Check-out time: 12:00NN c. If after 12:00NN of the scheduled check-out date, the guest failed to check-out for whatever reason, Summit Hotels and Resorts reserve the right to:
(1) Automatically extend the stay of the guest for an additional one (1) night if the room is available with a corresponding charges based on real time and current room rate for the day without further notice to the guest/s; or (2) Remove all belongings found inside the room and store the same in the luggage room with corresponding charges without further notice to the guest/s.
The guest hereby waives any and all of his rights and claims as against Summit Hotels and Resorts or any of its officers, staffs and employees as a result of such removal and for any loss and/or damage to any and all belongings by reason of such removal
8) Right to Refuse Accommodation
a. We reserve the right to refuse accommodation/check-in or to terminate your booking or stop any event immediately without any notice to you and without incurring any liability to you and without having to refund or compensate you for any charges paid under the following circumstances where:
- You fail to have proper identification or fail to identify yourself to the reasonable satisfaction of our staff or you fail to present upon our request the proper documents, passports and permits necessary for your stay as indicated herein;
- You exhibited violent behavior or caused disturbance at our facility or have abused our staff or other guests whether physically or verbally;
- The Government or other authorities prohibits you from checking in at our facilities for any reason;
- In our judgment, you are not fit to stay in our facility due to drunkenness or you are under the influence of prohibited drugs or your medication has impaired your judgment, mobility or consciousness or your acts could compromise the safety and/or comfort of our staff and other guests; v.) You are apparently afflicted with an infectious disease.
- The booking of our Hotel Room(s) has been fraudulently or unlawfully done or has been purchased from a party not authorized by us;
- You have acted in a manner contrary to good morals, Philippine Law or maintenance of public order.
b. Unaccompanied Minor Children below 18 years old will not be accepted unless they are accompanied by his or her parents or legitimate guardians as defined under Philippine Laws.
c. Special Assistance Acceptance for carriage of incapacitated guests, guests with illness or other guests requiring special assistance is subject to arrangement with us at least three (3) days prior to the scheduled booking. Guests with disabilities who have advised us of any special requirements they may have at the time of booking shall be accepted for accommodation only upon our reasonable determination that we have the necessary facilities and the ability to meet their special requirements.
d. Pets Summit Hotels and Resorts has a strict No Pets policy, with exceptions on a case-to-case basis for guests with special needs who require service dogs such as seeing eye dogs, alert dogs for the deaf, and companion dogs for the disabled. In such cases, proof of certification that the pet is a service animal issued by a professional organization for certification and registration of service dogs for people with disabilities (PWD) must be presented before permitting the service animal to accompany the PWD inside the hotel.
a. Hotel guests/customers will be provided with room key cards for their respective room. When you check out of the hotel, you must surrender hotel room key cards to the hotel reception desk. Lost/damaged cards will be charged Php100.00 per card to the account of the guest/s occupying the room.
b. An electronic Safety Deposit Box is provided in each room for safekeeping of valuables. The hotel shall not be held liable for any loss of valuables and belongings. However, the hotel has a lost and found internal policy that conducts intensive investigations for incident reports of lost items. Found items maybe claimed upon proper verification and identification of the same within a set period of time.
- Found items maybe claimed upon proper verification and identification of the same within the following periods:
- Perishable item/s –twenty-four (24) hours from the time the guest was notified;
- Non perishable item/s –sixty (60) days from the time the guest was notified;
- Valuable item/s–seven (7) days from the time the guest was notified.
Failure to claim or retrieve the item/s within the specified period as stated above shall entitle the hotel to dispose / discard the same in accordance with its lost and found policy.
c. Guests are advised not to leave their children 12 years of age and below unattended in the hotel room or other areas within the hotel premises. The hotel shall not be held responsible for any untoward accidents that may occur due to negligence of parents or their guardians.
d. You shall voluntarily submit to any security or health checks by us. You likewise authorize our hotel staff to enter your room to avert the commission of any crime or offense. Issuance of keycard is strictly to registered guests only. Unlisted guests/visitors and companions will not be issued keycards. Guests who misplaced or lost their keys shall be required to present valid IDs for verification and security reasons.
e. Guests carrying licensed firearms are required to surrender said items to Summit Hotels and Resorts’ security department.
10) Damages and Losses
All items in the room are accounted by the hotel’s housekeeping personnel. Thus, any and all damages to or loss of items and/or fixtures inside the rooms shall be charged directly to the registered guest. Furthermore, any damage to the hotel or its properties by the registered guest and/or their visitors shall likewise be charged accordingly.
Summit Hotels and Resorts reserve its right/s to commence legal action/s or proceedings against the guest/s in relation to any damage/s to the rooms or property. Summit Hotels and Resorts also reserve its right/s to charge to the credit card of the guest the said damages to the rooms or to the property without any notification. Should such costs of damages cannot be fully recovered from the credit card, Summit Hotels and Resorts shall have the right to institute legal action/s against the guest/s without prior notice.
11) Conduct in our Facilities
If in our reasonable opinion, you conduct yourself in a manner that endangers any person or property, or obstructs or hinders the staff in the performance of their duties, or you fail to comply with any instruction of our staff including but not limited to prohibitions with respect to smoking, consumption of alcohol, solicitations of any kind, or you use any threatening, abusive or insulting words towards our staff or you behave in a manner that causes discomfort, inconvenience, damage or injury to other guest/s, we have the right to take and perform such measures as we deem reasonably necessary to prevent the perpetration of such conduct. You may be refused entry to our premises and/ or requested to leave and may be prosecuted for offenses committed in our facilities.
In the event a guest smokes or permits smoking in a non-smoking Summit Hotels and Resorts room, a “Smoking Penalty Fee” of Php2,000.00 will be posted to the guest account upon check out or processed as a late charge on the guest account if the violation is reported after the guest has departed. The amount of Smoking Penalty Fee may be subject to change without prior notice.
12) Limitation on Liability and Law
- We do not guarantee your safety against accidents, death, acts of God, flood, riot, theft, or even acts of negligence and all activities that have inherent risks to health and safety.
- We reserve the right to retain your credit card details and you consent to us debiting such amounts which you are responsible for as a result of your or your guest(s) stay in the hotel and in the event of damages you or your guest(s) caused to the Summit Hotels and Resorts room, these amounts may be debited from your card without prior notification and you expressly agree to use debit and charges.
- We shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage to your property during your stay in our hotel. We have no responsibility for any property left behind and/or damaged as a result of your stay in our hotel.
- Summit Hotels and Resorts shall ensure that the material contained on the Summit Hotels and Resorts website is accurate and published in good faith, Summit Hotels and Resorts does not warrant or represent its full accuracy and disclaims any and all warranties expressed or implied by law relating to the information contained in the website. Summit Hotels and Resorts will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential losses or damages arising out of the use of its website or any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in materials provided therein.
- The various linked sites on our Summit Hotels and Resorts website allows for further link-up and interaction between you and the said linked sites for promotions and other interactive mediums. The website links on our Summit Hotels and Resorts website does not imply our endorsement or association with Summit Hotels and Resorts. Summit Hotels and Resorts shall not be responsible for the said sites or to you whenever you access the said linked websites. Summit Hotels and Resorts is further not responsible for the content of the said linked sites, and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials or interaction on the said linked sites.
- You are advised to obtain insurance to cover curtailment, and loss of luggage, personal effects, damages, personal injuries and money/valuable belongings while in the Philippines.
- The laws of the Philippines shall apply to the Summit Hotels and Resorts website and the terms & conditions therein and court proceedings relating thereto may only be commenced in the Philippines.
- Statutory requirements: the hotel is subject to statutory controls, including those relating to fire, health, hygiene and safety. These requirements must be strictly observed by you, your guests and/or representatives at all times throughout your stay at the hotel.
13) Data Protection and Disclosure
We will retain all personal information which you provide during booking. We may need to pass this information to other parties such as our licensees and/ or affiliated companies; to security and/or credit checking companies, credit and debit card companies, government and enforcement agencies and public authorities if so required, or as required by law. We shall not be held liable for such acts of disclosure; and that any disclosure by us of the information you have given to us will not render us liable for any and all claims, loss/es, damage/s or liability whatsoever.
14) Trademarks, etc.
a. The material/s on the Summit Hotels and Resorts website is the property of Robinsons Land Corporation. Our material/s shall not be reproduced, published, distributed, amended, downloaded or otherwise used unless you have properly obtained Summit Hotels and Resorts’ prior permission in writing.
b. All trade marks, marks, and other intellectual property materials used on the Summit Hotels and Resorts website directly linked and associated with the Summit Hotels and Resorts are owned by Robinsons Land Corporation.
Summit Hotels and Resorts reserve the right to cancel, amend or vary at any time the arrangements on bookings, reservations, room rates and such other information featured on the Summit Hotels and Resorts website including these terms and conditions without prior notice.